Sunday, March 4, 2012

Union President Messages

Today I watched Inning 4 of the Ken Burns baseball documentary with my date. Pleased to get 2 innings done this weekend. Also went to a pancake breakfast at Henry Sibley High School. We had to wait to eat until the band was done playing, as it was a benefit for the school's band. We had just arrived as the band was about to play, and I do recall the showbill from a comedy club saying there would be no food served for 30 minutes. The band started late, so I had to ask when they would be done. The school song was the last one played. There was mention of places they would be traveling to in the summer. I bought some peanut butter cookies to eat while we were waiting. There was plenty of silent auction items, a few appealed to me but I didn't want to wait around another 3 hours to see if I was the winning bidder on anything. It was typical for silent auctions, as there were so many items that some hadn't been bid on yet.
   There was 2 messages waiting from the writer union president, one was about the suspension of the treasurer,with pay. One of the charges was 'conduct unbecoming', as she recently had copied all of the convention delegates on an email where she blasted the union president. The other message was about the passing of a member, a jazzman from New York City. There was a Youtube video attached to one of the messages. Not sure if I met him in Detroit, as there were so many people I met there. It led to more emails than typical for the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment