Saturday, March 31, 2012

Best Buy Coupon

With all of the media attention surrounding Best Buy this week, it likely played a role in me figuring out things like what is in my reward account. It isn't much, since it helps to get big-ticket items there. And I found out my laptop purchase was no longer eligible, it had been too long, over 90 days. I hadn't used a coupon yet likely since I hadn't printed it right after earning it. After being reminded of having it, and how I needed to use it soon before expiration, I decided to look at what I have for VHS tapes to see if there are any that can be replaced with the DVD version. I looked at the storage cabinet and just the bottom half are the cassettes, I have been slowly replacing them. Seeing my Reward Zone purchases also reminded me of how I have a Lady Gaga DVD I bought last year at the same time as my digital camera. I don't think I had watched it yet! So I decided to watch it this morning before going to do anything else, since it is just an hour long. I decided to get another Charlie Brown DVD with the coupon, 'You're a Good Man', based on the Broadway play. Actually it was more than the $5 coupon, but it was nice to get it at a discount. It seemed more relevant after seeing the play this year. Hard to say when I will get around to watching it when there's another one I haven't seen yet, the 'This is America' series. I can be the same way with books, as sometimes I have to wait on reading a book after buying it when I want to finish another book first.
   I watched another segment of the baseball documentary with my date, it covered more than just one decade as it was originally the ending of the video. Notable was the stories about the hard-luck Red Sox in 1975 and 1986, (though Game 6 in 1975 was covered and not Game 7 since the former was more exciting) as well as the Pete Rose story. First the record-breaking hit in 1985, and being banned from the game for gambling four years later. Naturally this was an era I was more familiar with since I recalled much of it as it was happening.

No comments:

Post a Comment