Saturday, March 10, 2012

Bowling and Basketball

I went bowling this afternoon in St. Louis Park with my date. I didn't do great, and I know I am out of practice since I haven't bowled much since I was in a league in elementary school. Notable was seeing a pin stuck in a gutter as it went beyond the range where the downed pins would be swept away. But eventually one ball did go into the right gutter and sent it back to where it needed to be. Before the event I needed fuel and tried to get it across the street from a shopping area I was at, but it was a no-go. It was a membership warehouse, and I had to be a member to get gas there. Found this out after waiting in line to get a pump, 'Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds' was playing on my car radio. So I had to drive around a little before finding a Mobil station.
   In the evening, we went to the Wolves basketball game against the New Orleans Hornets. The Wolves lost 95-89, when they got close they usually couldn't take the lead. Ricky Rubio missed the game, I knew he had been injured the night before. Looks like he is sidelined for the rest of the season.  Since there was pizza at the bowling alley, we didn't want to eat too much at first at the game, especially when we arrived just in time. So at halftime we got food and drink, at first I wanted something that smelled like chili and it was a taco salad- meat but no chili- but I said no as it was expensive. I got a hot dog instead, my date got a pretzel. It was nice riding the light rail to and from the game, parking at a ramp near Mall of America. I noticed on the train after the game that one man was wearing a DCG sweater, at first not sure if it was a school in Iowa but then I saw a shirt hos son was wearing, which said Dallas Center Grimes. So it was the school I was thinking of. But when it's one state away it doesn't surprise me much on getting visitors from Iowa.

No comments:

Post a Comment