Thursday, March 29, 2012

Little Monsters Ride

I was back at Maplewood Mall wanting to get another pair of pants for work, and found another photo-op besides the one for the kiddie ride that looked like Snoopy's doghouse. I did get a picture of the doghouse, but there was another one that intrigued me so I got two pictures. It was of a school bus that said 'Little Monsters' on it, reminding me of Lady Gaga's endearing term for her fans. But it wasn't the only time I thought of music during the day, or even at the mall. While entering, I heard the Green Day song 'Holiday'. At work I said I didn't have an online picture of Pink up yet, so I found one. It's right next to the ones of Eminem and Lady Gaga. So now the visit to the mall was profitable, helped by giving myself more time than last night. I went there shortly after 'Big Bang Theory' was done, a fun episode where Leonard Nimoy guest starred. I bought 2 pairs of pants in these visits, and retired three. I've done this before, where one shirt has replaced two so it would get used more. That is likely the next thing, replace a few shirts. I can do this when a gift card arrives, which should be next week.
  The big news in the area was of the planned closings of some Best Buy stores, as well as Twins player Carl Pavano being the target of extortion. The Best Buy closings of course include layoffs at the home office in Richfield, which I visited in December when wanting pictures of Charlie Brown and Snoopy statues. Hard to say how the store closing will affect me, as I don't go there too often. But I have bought some notable items there, like my laptop, microwave oven, and digital camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment