Tuesday, March 20, 2012

A Man Smoking

When I was waiting for the bus after work tonight, I saw a man smoking. Nothing unusual there, except it appeared to be a marijuana joint. I wanted to get a closer look to confirm it, just acted like I was looking way down the street for the next bus. In reality, I wanted to do both.
   When I returned from lunch, I had a massage therapy appointment for 15 minutes. I had won it in a contest, as I had answered some questions about a new website at work. The therapist said I looked familiar, I had done it before. I trust it's a good thing, I tell myself, to look familiar. In my comedy routine I have referred to how some likely think I look creepy, but I didn't hear how or why I looked familiar. Some might say I should give myself more credit, as we can all be our own worst critic.
   At the comedy club tonight, a friend was the MC, I call him 'Magic Man'. There weren't quite as many friends onstage as last week, but still some. The MC could hear my laugh real well at one point and did acknowledge it, though after the show he wanted to make sure it was me. It was likely why I got no shout-out, but the laugh did stand out like it often does.
    After the show, I saw a small plush toy nearby, and it made me think of my standard line. How I'm sure somebody misses it. I thought about depositing it in the trash, but I just do this for real trash like a paper drinking cup.

No comments:

Post a Comment