Friday, March 9, 2012

American Legion Fish Fry

After a stressful day at work, in the evening I went to an American Legion and attended the fish fry. I had 2 kinds of fish, boiled as well as fried. I felt a little guilty when I left some of it on my plate, but I was full. I did eat plenty, they gave me plenty. I liked the little potatoes available, though I think some things were not as I arrived in the final 30 minutes of serving. Found no water there, just milk in a jug resting in some ice. Watched some of the state high school hockey tournament, the first game on TV went into overtime and the other was a blowout. So now Hill-Murray meets Benilde St. Margaret's for the large school title.
    I called my dad while watching the hockey tournament, hadn't spoken with him in a while. I let him know about getting the birthday card, still not sure yet about when I am making it to Des Moines for an Iowa Cub baseball game this spring. I have taken a look at the schedule online. I already said it would not be during my class reunion. It was odd how I had to explain what Redbox was, where I have rented some movies. But then I looked up locations online and found out he had reason to be unaware of it. He lives on a hobby farm in southern Iowa and there aren't any locations in the nearest town of note, which is just over 2,000 residents despite being a county seat. For some reason he spoke again about how my sister has an out of control dog, don't know why. I said I know it works best when one uses what is taught in obedience school. And he doesn't visit my sister's much anyway.  

No comments:

Post a Comment