Monday, April 2, 2012

Comedy CD Recording

I went to 2 comedy clubs tonight, the second was to be part of the special event, a CD recording. One of my friends was doing the recording. I liked his stolen penguin joke, I had asked for that one for a while. It works on so many levels, including when he decides to sing a variation of 'The Gambler' by Kenny Rogers tailored to the joke. Also the one about his dad being a judge and watering a fake plant.
   When I sent a Facebook message to a college roommate before going to the clubs, I did speak of one thing I didn't have to- how there was hot pizza on my lap as I had just pulled it from the microwave oven. It was done in context as I said I was on my way out soon. Since the thread continues indefinitely, it might be more fun to look at the message much later on. It sure was when looking at the last time I had sent a message to this friend, usually I just call on the phone. There was mention of a coworker who has a shirt in Japanese that said 'no smelly feet', appropriate as both are Japanophiles. Another was about my roommate taking his now ex-spouse to see tourist sites in Chicago. These dated back to 2009.
   My boss wasn't at work again today, I had a to help cover the normal duties like the payoff reports for the first two hours but I was fine with helping out. It meant a break from making all of those copies,which can be exhausting to say the least.  I hear the rain, thunder, and lightning just outside my window.
  On the way back from the clubs I heard a rap or R&B song that stuck in my mind, on a radio station I don't get too often. There was a lyric about the 'angry years'. I could relate to having some of those, but not now thankfully.

No comments:

Post a Comment