Thursday, April 5, 2012

Dolly Parton on Nightline

I was tagged on Facebook earlier today, and it led to way more messages than normal in my Hotmail account. I am used to getting under 40 on a weekday, slightly less on weekends, but I had something like 67 waiting for me! I decided to wade through them since it is most recent first, then found out I made the list for a comedy contest that will begin next month. I'm thrilled about it as it was the same contest I just barely missed the cut on in the 2 previous years. I recognized a few of the names on the night I am doing the first round, as expected, from going to the clubs regularly.
   My boss was absent today, so it meant no meeting in the afternoon, or 'conventions' as I call them as it sounds more classy. I saw the online calendar reminder when returning from lunch, so I canceled out of it to make it official, saying 'the boss is not here today'. Yes I do use the term 'boss' instead of their name often, it sounds like I'm a whiney and sniveling henchman in a gangster movie.
   I am already having to think of what my weekend schedule is since a holiday weekend is upcoming. I am aware of needing to move up doing things like groceries and laundry one day as some places are likely not open on Easter Sunday. Nothing wrong with moving it up if it means getting it done more quickly than typical and more time for other activities.
  I happened to see a Redbox kiosk tonight and saw a movie that may interest me, a baseball movie called 'One Hit From Home'. Another would be 'Perfect Age of Rock and Roll', a road movie with Peter Fonda in it. I have 2 free nights to use up soon before they expire, so it means getting motivated on what is available.
    In my car tonight I heard an older country song where the lyrics included 'If Your Heart Aint Busy Tonight'. Found it on Youtube, it's the title of a song by Tanya Tucker.
   Just saw Dolly Parton on ABC's 'Nightline' show, I like seeing these interviews. It was her playlist, included the song '9 to 5' from the movie of the same name which she had a role in. Pleased that she spoke of Johnny Cash's 'Walk the Line' along with Led Zeppelin's 'Stairway to Heaven'.

No comments:

Post a Comment