Saturday, April 21, 2012

Super 8 Keycards

I had to switch laundromats as the one I normally go to had no change machines that worked. I grumbled about finding this out after loading two machines. Thankfully I hadn't added soap just yet, but it was still a pain to unlaod the machines. Even though one patron advised me to go across the street to get change, I said I am used to hearing 'no change without purchase' and I am used to laundromats having at least one change machine that works. If it doesn't, then an attendant helps out, but there wasn't any. So I went back to one I hadn't been to in over a year. While there I saw two Super 8 motel keycards on one of the machines. I claimed them and will return them to a Super 8 after checking online the closest one to me. Even at the 'alternate' laundromat I it was a struggle to find machines that worked, though this time it was the washing machines that worked as the change machines were fine. Had to switch out one load twice before finding one where the change acceptor worked. This was why I hadn't been there in a while: all of the equipment seemed to be broken or taken when I would go there. All I was told before was the owner was old and didn't want to fix anything, no he can't afford not to! My opinion is he should sell to somebody who is willing to do the proper maintenance, as I saw one machine had a note on it from October saying 'do not use'. One had no agitator in it, has been that way for as long as my first visit over a year ago. I found some junk inside it like kid's artwork and a laundry soap bottle cap, and threw it in the trash bin.
   I also went to the DMV and got new license plates for the car, in this state I was told they change the plates every seven years. I have until the end of the month to put them on my car so I have no real motivation to put them on yet. I also got a little cleanup done around the home, much of it involved finding junkmail and shredding it.

No comments:

Post a Comment