Sunday, April 29, 2012

WD-40 and a Screwdriver

I needed to change the license plates on my car as the current ones expire at the end of the month. So I had to check in the trunk of my car to see what I had in there, I hadn't done this in a while. There wasn't much WD-40 left (and the can was rusting, ironic) to loosen the screws, and I couldn't find my flathead screwdriver, just the phillips. So thankfully I was able to go nearby without having to drive to get what I needed. It was a 6-in-1 screwdriver, and I liked knowing the supplies I needed was just over seven dollars. There were some pocket schedules for the St. Paul Saints at the checkout counter, I picked up 2 so I could send one to my dad. I decided to do more than just toss the old WD can, as I looked at all of what was in the trunk. Also thrown in the trash was a can of Prestone windshield de-icer, hadn't used it in a long time. I usually just take an ice scraper to it. I had seen every license plate I had ever used, so it meant some Iowa and Illinois plates. There was even an empty Circuit City bag, folded up neatly, and that chain store closed up a few years ago. Also notable was a few giveaway items from baseball games: a window flag, and a broken plastic license plate holder. I did use the Jack-In-The-Box fast food coupon on the license plate holder. Though that restaurant chain isn't around here. So I had to use it right away near my hotel. Both of these giveaways were out of town. It was nice how it didn't take long to get the new plates on, and not a moment too soon as it was starting to rain and really picked up after I went inside to take care of dishes. Had to put on rain gear when I went outside to drop off the recycle and get groceries.
   Earlier today I went to the Twins game, Twins beat the Royals 7-4. It was a group outing, and I was pleased to see a comedian friend outside the stadium before the game. I said that looks like him when I was still on the light rail waiting to pull into the station, at the end of the line. Besides this, I also started watching another DVD series with my date. Now we are watching segments of the Charlie Brown and Snoopy 'This is America' series, 8 episodes. We covered 2, about the Constitution, and the Wright Brothers flight. It was expected how the characters were just playing supporting roles to the actual events, the proverbial 'fly on the wall'. We decided to skip over the first one for now, about the Mayflower, as we had seen it before. It is shown annually on TV along with the Thanksgiving special.

No comments:

Post a Comment