Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Inadvertent Headbutt

I was at the comedy club tonight and a fellow comic was leaning in to tell me something and we head-butted. This has happened before, but I don't like it that much. Who would? But I knew it was inadvertent. It was in reference to the comic onstage getting animated. She said 'it looks like he might break his neck' as he nearly left his feet a few times. When she took the stage later on she said it looked like he was Pigpen from 'Charlie Brown and Snoopy' as he was kicking up plenty of dust. Since I am a fan of the comic strip I could visualiza it and it seemed to be on target. I was onstage as well, mostly did new material and it went over well. This included mention of a phone conversation with my dad, who spoke of Red Skelton and Bob Hope when he thought of comedy. The joke was how it's a little dated since both are no longer alive.
    Almost was thrilled to get an email from a longtime friend, but it did say 'no subject' so I was a little wary as I should be. It turned out to be junk mail, don't know if it means somebody hacked his account.
    The big news was the death of 'American Bandstand' host Dick Clark. There was mention of it on various media outlets and news broadcasts I watched, including ABC's 'Nightline' show. It was nice how they mentioned gameshows he did like '$25,000 Pyramid' as I was more familiar with it than 'Bandstand'. It led me to reverse the names on purpose- to Ed Clark and Dick McMahon, trying to be funny. I also recall how he made an unwilling appearance in the Michael Moore movie 'Bowling For Columbine' and was in a minivan that sped away from the cameras. I found out he did get a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame, in 1960. According to Wikipedia, the Walk of Fame started in 1958 so this would have been an early star.

No comments:

Post a Comment