Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Trash Hauler is White Trash

At first I dreaded seeing somebody board the bus tonight after work, but then I saw it as something entertaining on some level. A man was fighting with somebody at the bus stop who said 'get on the bus!' to him, and another man had to restrain the man yelling. His jacket spoke of the Waste Management company, a safety award, ironic since the man is white trash. He spoke of 'harassing the driver' and I could tell the driver didn't want to talk to him, she even said so but claimed it was due to wanting to stay focused on her job. I exited the bus through the back door, didn't want to interact with the man. But then he ended up getting off at my stop. Thankfully, he didn't try engaging me in conversation as I just wanted to get home.
    I tried to write down as much as possible what this man said, as it was priceless. He said $12-13 an hour isn't bad for a woman, I think he meant the driver. I was surprised he didn't use a demeaning term like 'broad'. Also how he likes good looking women, he pays taxes, he takes care of people. But does he take care of himself? He had a bike that he put on the front of the bus before boarding.
  The theater guy was at work today, he spoke a little of being ill if I'm not mistaken, but unsure what the illness was but I thought he said something about a coma. It may have been why I was covering payoff reports for three straight days. He also spoke of getting an evening job as an electronics engineer at a show.
    At the comedy club tonight, a friend was MC and will be at the club for the rest of this week. I hadn't seen him in a while, he said he recognized my laugh when he opened the show. He was onstage when I arrived. I would like to see one of his shows, but said I needed to check my schedule first to see when I am available.  

No comments:

Post a Comment