Thursday, April 12, 2012

Scarf and Tiara

After work there was a woman who boarded the bus and was wearing a scarf and tiara. The scarf was white and looked like a doily. She showed a Red Cross card to the driver and spoke of war crimes.
   This was a gift card day all around. The one for Express clothing arrived, after more than two weeks of waiting. Tried to use it tonight to get a shirt for the office but the sales rep was too annoying, wouldn't leave me alone. So I told myself I can go back at a later time and probably a different location, like this weekend. It started off on the wrong foot, telling me right away what shirt size was for me and I prefer one that's a slightly larger size. What has happened before is I know well enough to get assertive and say 'Hey, I'm the one with the gift card!' For some reason he ended up hearing quite a bit of my life story, don't know why I even shared it. In some ways dealing with salespeople can remind me of carnies, as they all have their own versions of saying 'please play my ring toss game'. Like at the County Fair one time, I told them I had no money to play but they asked me to try anyway, it was throwing darts at balloons. I was horrible at it, as expected. Then they asked me to close my eyes and- miraculously- one balloon popped. Ha!
   I was more successful at getting socks at Target in Roseville, with the gift card I got last week at work, replacing the missing birthday balloon from last month. Maybe since there were no salespeople bothering me.
   I used my other code for a free movie from Redbox, after returning from the mall in Roseville. I watched 'What Goes Around Comes Around', actually a play that was filmed instead of a movie. This was likely why it wasn't quite movie length, at just under 80 minutes. Jimmie Walker was in the final scene as the preacher, 'JJ' from 'Good Times' who liked to say 'Dynomite'. He had a marriage joke about pronouncing them 'prisoner and warden'.
  'Big Bang Theory' was a rerun tonight, at least the episode at the regular time. I didn't stay to see the second one an hour later as I wanted to get to the mall. And before that I redeemed some points on my Superamerica loyalty card for a Vanilla Visa card, good enough for groceries for a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment