Monday, April 16, 2012

Eyes On Light Switch

At the comedy club tonight,  I noticed how there were eyes on the light switch in the bathroom. It was the types with the little black disc that rattles around, wish I knew the official term for it. Seemed odd how I noticed it the same day I finished a ginger cookie, also with eyes on it. I thought it looked cool, so I got a picture of it before eating it. Though it was of just half of the cookie. The label said it was from a Supervalu store in Osceola, Wisconsin, which is out of state. Haven't seen it too often where bakery items are moved to another store so far away, possibly since the 'sell by' date was approaching and wanting to increase the odds of selling it. Were too many made? Who knows?
   It was once again a busy day at work, as there were 2 people out in the morning though one of them arrived at midday. So it meant me having to help with covering the payoff reports the third straight workday, a break from making copies but not much of a one. I do need a break from making copies as it can be real demanding, as I am the primary for it.
   It's typical to see a comic run the light every so often, but the one tonight wasn't typical. She was doing a lot of needless posing and I said to myself 'just take the stage!' so it didn't bother me any that she ran the light and of course she won't be back. One can usually tell which ones likely will, as they aren't paying attention to the light. This is why I prefer a seat where I can see the light, or at least a reflection of it.
   One comic I noticed likes to wear the same shirt nearly every Monday, it is an 'Oregon Trail' shirt, as in the video game. It of course makes me think of Emerson Hough, as there is a covered wagon on it and Hough's novel 'Covered Wagon', about the Oregon Trail, became a movie in the 1920s.

No comments:

Post a Comment