Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Coroner's Hearse

Saw a hearse after stepping off the bus tonight after work, which is rare. The sign in the side window said 'Medical Examiner', looks like there was a gawker down the block looking at it but there was nothing else outside besides a gurney. I just kept walking, as I've seen gawkers before and don't care to be one myself. None of my business, just wanted to get home and unwind after work.
   On the bus I saw twin babies fighting over two bottles, and one dropped a toy which was eventually taken away by the mom.
  At the comedy club tonight, I saw the bowtie guy with nerd glasses and fanny pack again, same one from last month on my birthday. He was funny, and very young. It's possible he was still in high school, especially when his jokes seemed to be about school quite a bit. My hat is off to somebody who has the courage that early in life to take the stage. It does remind me of another young comic, a little guy who went off to college in Boston. Sometimes I still see his Facebook postings.
   Another notable thing at the club tonight was the seating was scaled back a little, as there was black curtains in some areas. I guess this was encouraging people to sit closer to the stage so it would look like the club is more full on some nights.

No comments:

Post a Comment