Saturday, April 28, 2012

Finally Saw Hubert's

Finally saw Hubert's, a sports bar in Minneapolis, earlier today. It's near the Metrodome, been to plenty of events at the Dome and knew it was there. Enjoyed seeing all of the pictures on the wall and even the bobbleheads in a display case. Saw the Iowa-Minnesota baseball game at the Dome, Gophers won 4-3 on a bases loaded walk. Hated seeing the small crowd, box score said 510, but I largely expected it as I know college baseball doesn't interest most people. Before that I made it over to find a Charlie Brown and Snoopy statue, the only one for this month. It seemed to be very close to where we were trying to find it last summer, but there was so much construction nearby. And I think the given address on a blog was either inaccurate or it was moved due to the construction.
   While at Hubert's, I did watch some of the baseball game on TV, Cardinals-Brewers. I think it was the backup game on Fox since the Twins-Royals game was in rain delay, then eventually was washed out. I started seeing some fans or stadium employees show up as they had tickets in a lanyard, my date said some of them planned on seeing the college game we attended. I guess they still wanted their baseball fix and I don't blame them if they had driven from outside the metro area and already had a hotel room. I was one of those out-of-towners at Twins games when I was in high school and college. It was why it meant something to me when I was at the Roseville Super 8 this week, as it was one place I had stayed at. I recall things like the listing saying it was near Rosedale Mall, and seeing Snelling Avenue, which is a main road through that part of the Twin Cities. Also notable was seeing the ads in the bathroom, which included this year's St. Paul Saints baseball schedule. Hopefully I will see some pocket schedules somewhere soon, I like having those for quick reference.

No comments:

Post a Comment