Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Not Puking Into It

I went to the comedy club tonight, and ordered a drink as well as popcorn. After I was finished with the popcorn, getting everything except for all of the unpopped kernels which were numerous, the server said it looked like I was going to puke into it. Must have been the way I was holding it. I gave my standard line of how I am fine, and I was. I had to wait for my card to be returned to me after paying tonight, and listened to some stories from a comic who was next to me. I almost got his pizza, and let the server know it wasn't mine and I was still waiting for the popcorn. A big tip-off that I ignored at first was seeing a shaker of the Parmesan cheese be placed on my table. I said his joke about roller blades reminded me of hearing how my dad broke his leg slipping on a wet floor at a movie theater. I had to see the movie he saw after the broken leg happened, 'Ten Things I Hate About You' thinking it must have been a really good movie if he watches it before going to a physician.
   Going to the clubs pays dividends in more ways than one. When one friend said there were some more leads on Charlie Brown and Snoopy statues, I had another comic who expressed interest in it and they gave me a lead as well! I like how I'm not out of ideas yet, not by a long shot apparently.
   I acquired enough points this week to dump 500 more miles into my Delta Airlines account, though it was from a different site from where I answer surveys. It was a site where they want you to buy things, but I just answer the 5-point survey usually. I noticed how they had an obsolete frequent flyer number on this site, since it was the one from Northwest and of course Delta bought them out. Customer Service got it changed for me, and I deposited miles today. First time I had done it from this site since 2008.
   I am doing my best to help out a classmate with requests on photos for the class reunion in June. There will be a class window display inside a business on the town square. I said I had some good ones, like from the homecoming parade of the class float as well as the football team on the truck. Sounds like some of those from graduation would be in demand as well.
   At the show tonight, I noticed how the hat one comic was wearing answered 2 questions that had been unanswered for a while. He was wearing a 'Black Flag' hat, I knew it was a lyric in a covered version of the Don Henley song 'Boys of Summer' subbing for 'Deadhead sticker on a Cadillac'. The other would be seeing these black bars as a picture on a friend's Facebook page.

No comments:

Post a Comment