Sunday, April 1, 2012

Million Dollar Quartet

Saw the play 'Million Dollar Quartet' at the State Theater in Minneapolis this afternoon, really enjoyed the music in it. Some lines stuck with me more than others, like the one about how banning the music will make the kids want it even more. This seems to be true about many things, like how a banned book becomes more popular than ever once it is deemed to be 'forbidden fruit'. I will admit how I am often more interested in reading a book after hearing it is banned, wanting to know why. Another was seeing a backup musician playing the string bass and picking it up off the floor and lifting it high into the air. After the event I went with my date to eat at Pizza Luce, first time there. I noticed the artwork everywhere, they had quotes from Louis Pasteur and Orson Welles on the wall. It was odd looking to me at first to see the commercial size can on the table, then I noticed it was what the pizza was going to be laid onto. While riding the light rail home after the play and the pizza, we had to deal with a vagrant asking for money, claiming she was diabetic. I liked getting a program from the play, consistent with what I get at similar events like the Harlem Globetrotters or Barnum and Bailey Circus. Since I like books, it makes sense I would like this as a souvenir. There was a free program of course, the Playbill, but this program has plenty of high quality pictures in it.
   The Simpsons episode tonight was a fun one, about Homer becoming a commentator on Fox News after becoming a viral video on Youtube. It likely was a rerun, but I didn't mind at all. After all, I like watching the syndicated reruns during the week after work if I get home in time for it after getting off the bus.

1 comment:

  1. Some lines fixed with me more than others, like the one about how prohibition the music will make the kids want it even more.cheap million dollar quartet tickets New initiate to the world of classical music possibly will do a whole lot not as good as than cheap lion king tickets to make this one of their first ports of call.

    ReplyDelete