Friday, April 6, 2012

Perfect Age of Rock and Roll

Got a Redbox movie with a free night code, one year anniversary gift, and rented 'Perfect Age of Rock and Roll'. The Peter Fonda character drives an Airstream RV, and the movie is about a rock band on the road in the RV, traveling coast to coast. The music was good in it. I heard 2 notable songs today, but these 2 were not in the movie. One was while at the Redbox kiosk, however. 'Kiss Me' by Sixpence None the Richer, from the movie 'She's All That'. I was once too ashamed to admit- even to a stranger- I was trying to find the theater showing this 'teeny bopper' movie as my dad would call it. The other was 'This Love' by Maroon 5, a reminder of a job ending in suburban Chicago. It should be a sad song that I hate to hear each time it's on the radio, but the opposite is true. I could have looked at it as a painful reminder of an ending, but it was only the beginning for me.
   I picked up the movie after going to church, Good Friday services. I also picked up an ice cream cone at a McDonald's. I would have picked up the movie at the same location, but it wasn't there. This is why I looked it up online to find the most likely place it would be, and this location was actually outside the given range so I knew I still might luck out on a 'one stop shop'.
   I liked finding this movie when doing an online search, just by entering 'road movies' as the key words. It was a nice touch to see an Airstream in it, a reminder of some neighbors when I was young having one, though theirs was a trailer and not an RV. I still see a few of these around town. I like road movies a lot, it likely started with seeing the original 'Muppet Movie' and continued with the likes of 'Rain Man' and 'Midnight Run', along with 'Planes Trains and Automobiles'. It was nice to hear them discuss music, and guess songs, I correctly guessed one. It was 'A Horse With No Name' by America. There was mention of the band New York Dolls as well, a comedian friend said their frontman later was Buster Poindexter of 'Hot Hot Hot' fame.

No comments:

Post a Comment