Saturday, April 7, 2012

Scanning 6 Pictures

I scanned 6 pictures to send to my class reunion rep, quality was asked for over quantity. I am pleased that I had some good ones to send. I sent 3 of the 6 before having to leave to meet my date, we had dinner in the evening. I hope to find the time to send the others real soon.
    I did laundry, retired one tee shirt as well as 2 pairs of socks, meaning I ripped them up and threw them out. When I have plenty of shirts it is no big deal to retire a few, especially when it was one I had been given a while back. I recognized it as one I had back in suburban Chicago, so it was at least 8 years old.
   I still have an affinity for Chicagoland, and this explains why I made it to a hot dog place in St. Paul known for its Chicago-style food called Chris and Rob's. It is inside a retired streetcar or trolley, and I like the ambience to it. This includes all of the pictures on the wall like of the Chicago sports teams. It would be nice if the Wolves hockey team was included, but they are minor league and suburban so this is likely why it was excluded. I like the chili cheese dog with poppy seeds on the bun. I found out they have two other locations in the area, in Minneapolis as well as Fridley. I also like finding things on the Chicago map I recognize, like the venue the Wolves play in. This would be the Allstate Arena, f/k/a Rosemont Horizon, in the northwest suburbs near O'Hare Airport. I think the map is for showing where all of the Vienna Beef hot dog locations are, which is what they serve here as well. I like the logo, and it looks like they have souvenirs such as shirts with this logo available online. There are many fans of this establishment, I am sure I am not alone in terms of it attracting many ex-Chicagoans. The City Pages voted it best hot dog in the metro area.

No comments:

Post a Comment