Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Texas Twisters

The news on ABC's 'Nightline' show included the Texas twisters. I have a Facebook friend in Dallas-Ft. Worth and said I hope he and his family are fine. Sounds like it led to plenty of flight cancellations at the big airport there. Good or bad, when I think of this term I think of some idiots in high school having it as a punchline for a joke when all they wanted to do was a 'titty twister'.
   A friend at work spoke of wanting out, his first day back after a few days off. He spoke of getting into tech work for the circus, since he is a theater tech guy it is much closer to his field of study than what he does now in finance.
    At the comedy club tonight, a friend informed me about a benefit show next week for a show he is doing in Mexico. Found out I already had a Facebook invite and responded to it. He did some jokes I really like tonight, about speaking in tongues- in reference to a visit to church at a younger age- and a 'life coach'.
   Called a college roommate tonight, first contact in over three months. Same one I sent a Facebook message to the night before. Nice to hear from somebody who knows me well. I was informed how the friend had thought of contacting me this weekend, so we were 'in sync' about things which is nice, but also unexpected to hear. Maybe since it had been a little too long since last contact, but of course we all can get busy in our lives. But it's important to take time out for friends, who make life more worthwhile and more bearable.

No comments:

Post a Comment