Monday, April 30, 2012

Rodney Dangerfield

I checked my phone earlier today and my dad had called on Sunday afternoon, so I called him in the evening after arriving at the comedy club. When informed of where I was, he spoke of comedians like Rodney Dangerfield and how he 'got no respect'. It was in line with what I would expect, as he had spoken of Bob Hope and Red Skelton when I had called from the same place previously. When I think of Rodney, of course I think of the movie 'Back To School' which was a laugh riot. He once spoke of wanting to do the same thing as in the movie, enrolling in college with me, but then admitted it was a bad idea. That's why it's a movie- it's a farce!
   On the bus in the evening after work I saw a fairly young woman walking with a slight limp, left arm out from her body, often with a clenched fist. She had some bracelets on her right arm, and a tattoo on the same arm that said 'unforgiven', oh and can't forget the lip ring. She looked kind of sad as well, don't know if she was under the influence of drugs or alcohol. She got off the bus before I did.
   It did make me think of a song that has 'I wish you would unclench your fist' in the lyrics, but I did not speak to this woman. It's not too often that I speak to other riders. There is usually something else I want to do like check for phone messages or read a book.
   I was really rushing to make it to the comedy club tonight, I stayed a few minutes longer than typical at home before departing. It was a combination of factors, like wanting to finish an online survey, along with having some Little Caesar's pizza at home. It was left over from the weekend, what's customary is me getting a quick meal at the Superamerica convenience store.  

No comments:

Post a Comment