Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Basketball in the Dark

I just found out one of my blog postings was on a site called 'Allvoices', it was the one where I saw the James Madison impersonator earlier this month. It pleases me how there are links in many places, even if I hadn't heard of that site before.
   At work today, I saw somebody in a cubbyhole area playing basketball in the dark. Or maybe I should say I heard them and didn't know for sure who it was. I asked 'Let there be light?' but didn't turn on the light. Why in the dark, I don't know. Maybe they didn't want to be found. Naturally these were small basketballs, the setup is a lot like what is seen in bars. They have this set-aside area as a stress reliever. I've launched them as well, though my arm gets tired rather quickly since I am constantly launching them.
   I liked getting one thing done at work, it was getting a scrap of paper out of a hard-to-reach place on the copier. I kept trying as I liked the challenge, eventually it meant grasping it within the blades of scissors I had picked up nearby. The staple remover and a pen wasn't good enough.
   There was another round of the contest as the comedy club tonight, one of the three contestants that advanced actually ran the light but she was really good. Also asked for a photo-op with a fellow comic as I knew he had been out of town a lot on gigs and don't know how long he will be in town. But he will be the headliner at the same club later this week. This is the fourth picture with a comedian friend, now I hope to find the time soon to get it added to my Facebook page.

No comments:

Post a Comment