Saturday, May 12, 2012

James Madison Impersonator

I went to see the Constitution exhibit at the state's museum with my date earlier today. It was nice to see the James Madison impersonator and some other costumed characters- that one can get pictures with. We got pictures of a Town Crier, Uncle Sam, and the Goddess of Justice- representing the law and courts. Naturally the girl wasn't in full costume, as it would have meant being blindfolded. But she did have the justice scales. Reminded me a little of attending a Civil War weekend at Murphy's Landing in Shakopee, where there was an Abe Lincoln impersonator. I did notice a display there that was about Prohibition and the War on Drugs, but it left out an important figure in it- Carrie Nation.
  I had already accomplished plenty of things I set out to do, as of the morning, like getting the mail ready. I decided who to vote for in the upcoming writer union election, also wrote out checks for my utility bill and an annual membership in the Civil War Preservation Trust. Eventually, I did do the same for reservations on the class reunion this summer. But some of the business I did was online, proof of how times have changed as I write way fewer checks now. I scheduled a payment to my Bill Me Later account. Also left feedback on a purchase I made on Ebay which arrived on Wednesday, the NFL team shorts.
   In the evening, I had dinner with my date at an Olive Garden as I had a gift card good for them or for Red Lobster, which was across the street in Burnsville. We ordered smaller portions and shared them, so there was no leftovers to take home. We also watched two more segments of the Charlie Brown history series, about the trans-continental railroad, and inventors like Edison, Bell, and Ford. So there are just two segments left to see out of eight, since the one about the Mayflower is one shown annually with the Thanksgiving special on TV. So we don't have to see it with the others.

No comments:

Post a Comment