Thursday, May 10, 2012

Pita Bread, No Cheese

Plenty of food left over from meetings at work. I liked eating the pita bread, nothing else with it, though it was kind of crunchy I didn't mind. Then there was an all-employee meeting in the afternoon, I had one salmon skewer but that was all food-wise. Also chose a bottle of orange juice as I was leaving. I would have eaten more of there was some cheese, I am used to seeing this at banquet-type events. It was a bad time to offer up so much food when many of us, including me, had just eaten lunch.
   Went to an event at the state's museum tonight, there was a James Madison impersonator introduced by state Supreme Court justice Alan Page, former Vikings player. The actor stayed in character real well, I liked that. He was there as part of an exhibit about the Constitution, which Madison was credited with writing. It meant moving back some of my after-work routine, but all this really entailed was just looking at most emails later. No big deal, I usually delete them right after reading anyway. I saved one as it was from City Pages, there was a writeup about the concert I had just been to the previous night, Incubus at the Myth. I saw myself being busy tonight no matter what I chose to do, as I also saw an event at the Loft in Minneapolis was scheduled. It was Dylan Hicks speaking about his new book, he had been an instructor of mine at the Loft on a critical writing class.
    On the bus after work I liked meeting somebody with a Chicago hat, he also eventually showed me his Bears tattoo on his right forearm. He liked talking pro football with anyone who was interested, even if they were Vikings fans. Not the first time where talk of sports led to seeing a tattoo, also happened at a pajama party at some new condos in 2006. But it was a different team then.

No comments:

Post a Comment