Monday, May 14, 2012

Get Down, Curious George

A woman said to her young son, 'get down, Curious George' as he was hanging by the bus rail after boarding the bus tonight. Then he and another kid, a girl, I heard them saying 'Sponge Bob, give me! and 'get me McDonald's'. The girl did leave the bus with a little inflated Sponge Bob chair. I like seeing the enthusiasm kids have for life, like when I delivered pizza in college and hearing 'hi, pizza man!'
    At the comedy club tonight, I made it just in time to get signed up. I was the last one, as a bartender claimed the list right after me. Traffic was backed up on I-94, so I exited at University Avenue and went through the U of M to get to the club. Upon arrival, one friend did advise me to hurry. I think it had a double meaning, as I needed to get across the street before a big delivery truck did.
   The theater guy colleague spoke of closing up wounds with super glue, I was unfamiliar with this working. It was in reference to me getting a Band-Aid for a paper cut. He shared more stories about getting injured in college in Mankato, and getting to know the hospital staff on a first-name basis since he was a 'frequent flyer'.
   I am still playing 'phone tag' with my 'Ohio friend', we kept missing connections this weekend and was emailed earlier today being advised of the window of opportunity to call. I tried tonight after arriving at the comedy club, still got the voicemail. I liked getting a shoutout when one friend was onstage, he said I kept his act going when I laughed. He thought it was odd how I was an equipment manager on my high school's football team. It was in reference to how my class reunion is this summer, and I said it won't be too big a deal to me if some classmates don't show up. I said I went to a big enough school- a class of about 240- that I likely didn't know somebody if they didn't do the 3 activities I spent the most time in. This was football, French, and A.P. classes. My school called them 'honors' classes, though AP is a more universal term.

No comments:

Post a Comment