Monday, May 28, 2012

Second Trash Bag

I sent another trash bag out today, normally it is just one a week and I just sent one out last night. But I was busy with a cleanup of my home when I had the day off for Memorial Day. I started fairly early in the morning, breakfast first of course. Then I junked 2 more VHS tapes, found them when locating the graduation tape. It was episodes of 'All In The Family', and I already had some episodes- but not the same ones- on DVD. What required me to send out another bag was using the paper shredder a lot for travel brochures I didn't need, often places I thought about seeing but didn't. I pulled out a few items I found, like my Best Buy reward zone card. Usually when I buy something there, they can find it some other way so I didn't need the card. Another was the program from the Buddy Holly weekend in Clear Lake, Iowa, in June 1988. It was when they renamed a street near the Surf Ballroom for Holly, and a monument was dedicated outside the Surf to him and the other plane crash victims, including Ritchie Valens and Big Bopper. It was due to the success of the movie 'La Bamba' a year earlier. Another was a wedding program from 2005, a classmate from high school was getting married. Also two from Valley Junction, the part of West Des Moines, Iowa, I lived in for a year and a half after college. There were multiples from the Herbert Hoover Museum in West Branch, Iowa, which I had seen in February. There was a ticket from a previous visit, in August 2009.
   I liked getting a bookcase filled, it meant moving out most of the books under my laptop table. I liked having the space freed up. I swept up quite a bit in each room, and vacuumed the rugs as well. At midday I went out to Target to get some items I needed, all told it cost me just 86 cents as I had a $25 gift card from my workplace. I got a set of pillow cases, shaving cream, razors, a small picture frame, and batteries for my portable CD player. I found a Salvation Army donation bin for a book and 2 DVD's I no longer wanted. Then it was on to the laundromat and I did get a load done there, while listening to my Incubus CD since I had just picked up the replacement batteries for it. I liked getting to see 'Millionaire' and 'Jeopardy' today, another break from the cleanup. The final venture outside was over to the grocery store to give them plastic shopping bags, as I had accumulated plenty.

No comments:

Post a Comment