Sunday, May 20, 2012

Tough Mudder in Somerset

I went with my date to the Tough Mudder event in Somerset, Wisconsin, earlier today. It was wet, but we were prepared with the outfits we brought. We were able to see a decent number of obstacle courses as spectators, five in all. Looked like it was good that we decided to get food when we did around 1:30pm, about an hour after arrival. We had to get food and drink tickets, a dollar a ticket. They stopped selling them shortly after we got ours. I had a taco salad, and we ate next to the stage since there was just wet benches to sit on. As usual, I noticed the recorded music. Like while eating, it was 'Welcome to the Jungle' by Guns-n-Roses, along with 'When The Levee Breaks' by Led Zeppelin. I have an affinity for Chicago, so I like 'get to Chicago' in the lyrics to 'Levee'. Also heard 'Enter Sandman' by Metallica while at the event. It was tough trying to figure out how to get back after the event, as the traffic leading to the Stillwater lift bridge was backed up. So like some others before us, we turned around, eventually finding our way to Hudson and Interstate 94.
   It was a notable day for finding Charlie Brown and Snoopy statues, as we found two  more. Both were doghouses, the final year. One was in Maplewood, not far from my old neighborhood in Little Canada. We had found this lead on a blog we had consulted. The other was found in downtown St. Paul, on the way there, just paying attention at the right time. I said we should get a picture of it now, not knowing how long it will be there. We also finished watching the history series video, the final segment was about musicians and heroes. As expected, Schroeder had a prominent role in it since he's the piano player in the comic strip.
    I liked seeing Lady Gaga guest star on 'The Simpsons' tonight, I tried to notice as many jokes as possible. Two good ones were 'Springfield is my Waterloo', along with Homer trying to eat her meat dress.

No comments:

Post a Comment