Thursday, May 17, 2012

Man With Pigtails

When I was waiting to get onto the bus tonight after work I saw a man with pigtails. This is something that one doesn't see too often. It was busy after work, as I wasn't home for long. Wanted to get over to the Saints baseball stadium to get tickets for an upcoming game. I informed the shuttle bus driver from Gabe's bar how I was just staying long enough to get tickets, would walk back to my car as I needed the exercise. Noticed how some parking spots there had signs up saying 'Reserved for' and it happened to be Mayor Chris Coleman and Governor Mark Dayton! Not bad for a minor-league team. But it is the season opener and an anniversary year, the 20th season. There were articles in both the Minneapolis and St. Paul papers about it.
   After I got home I wasn't there for long, wanting to watch 'Big Bang Theory' and check email. Then it was on to a comedy show, a rare Thursday for me. But a friend was having a CD release party, and I did buy his CD for $10. The titles of the comedy bits looked familiar to me. I said it reminded me of buying a CD when I lived in suburban Chicago, but it was music. I knew the frontman for a band called Stradlatter, a reference to a 'Catcher in the Rye' character, it was the Mariposa CD. I learned some from him, his name was Jeremy Grunloh.
    During this comedy show, I got a shoutout from the headliner, and I said it will likely lead to another comedy bit. I like getting a shoutout, and this show will also be remembered for a man who showed up late, and had too much to drink. The club owner wanted to eject the man but the performer was fine with him staying, even though he was getting loud.
   Besides the Saints baseball tickets, I also got spectator passes for Tough Mudder this weekend. It's a big obstacle course that a colleague, the theater guy, is doing. Also created my first-ever Facebook event for my comedy contest night at Acme in Minneapolis next week.  

No comments:

Post a Comment