Sunday, May 13, 2012

Brunch at Granite City

I had 2 food outings with my date today. The first was at Granite City restaurant, also a microbrewery in Eagan, same town my date lives in. There was a wait of nearly 30 minutes for a table as it was Mother's Day, thankfully there was little muffins available while we were waiting. Most of us had the buffet, plenty of good potatoes there as well as well as scrambled eggs. Liked seeing the archival photos on the wall, from the history of the Twin Cities. I had some of the beer since I'm not there much, but usually I just have it at the comedy club due to the cost and the calories involved.
   In the early afternoon we went to Minnetonka to find a Charlie Brown and Snoopy statue, and we did. So we've found one for the month. Looks like it was near an Old Chicago restaurant we had eaten at in February. Thankful to a comedian friend who found this lead for us, as we had a low number from the west metro. In the early evening we went to another event with my date's 'adopted family', where there was pizza and little brownies and Klondike bars. By the time we got there most of the pizza was gone, I had two slices of supreme pizza as it was all that was left. I'm not sure if I had eaten a Klondike before, they were good. It made me think of those catchy commercials about 'What would you do for a Klondike bar?' At Wolves basketball games, they have some kind of silly promotions related to it.
   I understood many of the jokes I saw in tonight's 'Simpsons' episode, since it was about Homer in a Passion Play. I had seen two of them when I was a youngster, in South Dakota and Arkansas. Best example was when he decided to ask what a 'cross to bear' came from- the story he was the lead actor in! But also one about the sea captain being in love with some Great Lakes- Superior and Erie.

No comments:

Post a Comment