Thursday, May 3, 2012

Is It A Weapon?

Riding the bus home tonight I saw a man board and stand next to the driver, he had a long stick that said 'Oak' on one tip and kept complaining to the driver about 'being competitive'. The driver said to take it up with the council, I take it he meant the governing body of the company. Whenever I see something like this, I wonder if it will be used as a weapon.
   There was another time during the day that I heard about sticks, the 'facility czar' is an ex-New Yorker and spoke of playing stickball as a youngster and how the cops would take away the stick by sticking it down a manhole cover. There was just enough space to do so.
   Saw 'Big Bang Theory' with my date tonight, really funny episode about relationships and Howard being part of the space program. Also saw another segment of the Charlie Brown history series, about NASA. I liked how the Charlie Brown and Snoopy characters were more than just bit players in the story. But it was a more recent event, and it may have been hard to get Neil Armstrong or John Glenn.
   A politician I know back in Iowa is introducing a bill trying to combat the Asian Carp fish problem there. Also heard from a comedian friend who is in Chicago on a gig now, he said 'Da Bears' goes over well there. I'm sure it is kind of hard for him to say it when he's a Redskin fan. He spoke of doing a 'Mini Ditka' bit. It's nice to stay connected on Facebook, and thanks to an email from Linked In I have added a few more contacts.
    I checked the Emerson Hough page and it looks like there is more discussion about the playground, sadly it has had problems with vandalism. I said the thing that combats it is to shine lights on it or put cameras on it, as vandals don't want to be seen.   

No comments:

Post a Comment