Thursday, May 24, 2012

Oldsmobile Joins The Cassette

I made it back home after getting some ice cream and heard what sounded like a smoke alarm. Had to call the number given, and maintenance said it was a water pump alarm. It was annoying and wouldn't go away, hard to do anything like watch a video. Got to know my neighbors better than expected, they knocked on some doors for me.
    I liked getting some small but important things done after work. After watching the news I went out to get a Little Caesar's pizza, pepperoni. I like going there at least once a month. Before this I went to a Family Dollar store to get a picture frame and some cookies. I had to deal with a vagrant but I gave them nothing. I thought about letting a cop know about it, who was at the other end of the plaza, but I just wanted to get the pizza home while it was still warm. Then it was on to Walgreen to print a photo and get another CD done so I could post some more photos to my Facebook page. I had one taken with a comedian friend on Tuesday and wanted to get it added right away, I think just 2 days was timely enough. This is especially true when compared to others, where I waited months to add them. Then the 'turnaround point' was the Dairy Queen at the U. of Minnesota, Stadium Village. I wanted to use up the last coupon I had from an event last summer, as it was expiring in a week. I got 2 Blizzards, one was the Blizzard of the Month. I put just a quarter into the new-age parking meter, knowing 11 minutes would be long enough. I ate the first one quickly, as usual, and asked for a cover for the other. I wanted to get it home before it melted too much, as I wait at least a day to eat the second one. But I had to go back to Walgreen first to pick up my order. I heard a song by Train about if it's their year, catchy as it goes through history. Most notable in the lyrics to me was likely '2004- Oldsmobile joins the cassette'. Meaning, the year General Motors stopped making the Oldsmobile. This would be a big deal to many since the brand name dated back to 1897, and it merged with Buick to form General Motors in 1908.
    I did watch a little from 2 DVDs I have, 'Covered Wagon'- a silent movie based on an Emerson Hough novel- was the first. The other was the original Muppet movie, wanting to see the scene when they are literal about a 'fork in the road'- by placing a larger than life dinner fork in the road.
   There were 2 meetings as work today, one was a full department and the other was just me and the boss. The 'one on one' had been moved back twice, a quarterly occurrence.

No comments:

Post a Comment