Friday, May 4, 2012

Much Like Doc Graham

My boss saw me walking around at lunchtime and asked why I had my jacket on when it was warm, and inside. I said I knew others had made this observation before, and I gave the same answer then. This was true, a previous boss had wondered the same thing. In some ways it is like a habit, having something to carry, much like Doc Graham in the movie 'Field of Dreams' who had his umbrella. It did feel warm with it on by the time my lunchtime was done, as I had been doing plenty of walking outside to get some errand running done. Though I was so busy I ran out of time to drop off some mail at the post office, will have to move it back a day. No big deal, as I was sending the check really early.
   I had a sandwich at Subway in the evening, and it was starting to rain when I went over there. I saw how traffic was backed up on the road I had to cross to get between home and the shop as I was walking, and this hadn't changed by the time I was done. Found out a cop had stopped somebody apparently, as I saw the lights off in the distance. I eventually did what somebody did before me, which was turn off at the first available light. It helps to take an alternate route at times. I wanted to get to Walgreen and pick up a few supplies, this included some soap. I had been to a different Walgreen location at lunchtime, but they didn't have the soap I wanted. By then I realized I wanted to take care of my ice cream fix as I saw somebody on the bus with a small Dairy Queen Blizzard treat, a small as I recall. I got an ice cream sandwich. My feet were wet after walking back from Subway, so I changed my socks and shoes before venturing out again. It was hard to avoid stepping in puddles as they were everywhere on the sidewalk.  

No comments:

Post a Comment