Friday, May 11, 2012

Think Like a Man Movie

This evening I went to a movie in Oakdale, 'Think Like a Man'. It had been promoted at the comedy club. There was plenty of laughs in it, and I liked seeing some clips from the TV show 'The Jeffersons'. I liked the Cedric character, he had the funniest lines since he had the 'Napoleon Complex'. Also liked the Zeke character, he seemed more sensible than some were. Or maybe it was that he reminded me somehow of my one of my comedian friends? Not sure, kind of looked like him, a tall dude. I could tell I was tired while driving home, as it was around midnight and I yawned some in the car. I noticed a cop in Maplewood, but I understand they're mainly interested in getting drunk drivers off the road at that time of night. Found out my punch card for this cinema chain is no longer valid, I hadn't been there in a while anyway. Another loyalty program was being advertised now, nut there was a cost for activating it so I just picked up the information and don't expect to be signing up for it. I prefer the free 'memberships', msot people tend to.
   It was a night of getting things done, which I liked. First off after work when I left home was to get to a laundromat in Maplewood and send some dry cleaning there. When the ticket was complete I said 'Cool, now I can go eat and see a movie'. I went to Noodles and Company and had the spaghetti, but it was hard to ignore the order-taker as they seemed kind of clueless with me and with a complaining customer in front of me. Then it was over to a Target store to find a garment bag. One employee asked if I needed help upon seeing me walking the perimeter, then he and two others were involved with finding it but couldn't, in the luggage section. So I looked at music and movies, then tried to find the item again and found it next to ironing equipment. Actually it was classified as a 'Suit Protector', but close enough. Two of them for $5 is hard to beat. It will replace the one I have which is torn. I will keep the hanger that came with the suit which says 'Leuthold's', as I want to keep something with that name on it. This may have been why I kept the bag for so long, also due to not knowing i could easily replace it. It was the end of an era, sort of, when junking the garment bag, as it came with my first suit out of college. I still have the suit, but don't wear it much as I'm not sure how well it fits now. I just sent a sportcoat to the cleaners.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment