Monday, May 21, 2012

Ohio Friend Reached

I did finally reach my 'Ohio friend' before I went inside for the comedy show tonight, so thankfully the phonetag ended. We hadn't spoke at length in a while, it was nice to hear from somebody who knows me well.
   It went well going onstage tonight, a preview for doing the contest at the same club in two days. I started off with a joke a friend gave me last week when he decided to do a shoutout. Same friend had helped give me a joke before, about my plans to attend a Lady Gaga concert.
   It was nice to hear from many friends who gave their compliments. Also was nice to see my 'comedy bestie' arrive, albeit after the show ended. And I saw one friend who hadn't been there in a while, who should be having a CD release party next month. Most notable may have been the comedian who likes to use the 3 by 5 cards, I said I like that idea and don't care what others think. He liked my set and suggested how I could take one joke even farther, which made me think of a baseball team when he spoke of it. But then again, I like baseball so much. There are many things I could somehow connect to baseball.
   I saw the 'theater guy' at work earlier today, and he did show off some wounds on his right leg from doing the 'Tough Mudder' event this weekend. I knew he did it on Saturday, a different day from when I went as a spectator. He said there was 6-7 water stations for participants, and bananas as well. This explains why I saw one on the pavement in the food area. He said the shoes stacked up at the finish line were donated to the needy in Africa if they were in good enough condition. He told me about parts of the course I didn't see, like cornfields and timberland where trees were cut down but not removed so it made the terrain harder to navigate.

No comments:

Post a Comment