Sunday, May 27, 2012

Food Trucks After Saints Game

I went to the St. Paul Saints baseball game with my date in the afternoon, they beat Sioux City 6-5 in 11 innings. After the game there was the theme of the day, 'Monster Food Truck Rally', I liked getting pictures of some of the food trucks. I had an Italian Sloppy Joe from 'Messy Guiseppe', along with their blackberry flavored lemonade. I also had some tater tots from Bloomy's. One of the pictures was of a retired fire truck, now used as a pizza truck. This served as a nice replacement for last week's game, which was washed out.
    Before the game, I watched the tape of my high school graduation with my date. It was a little bit of a struggle though, having to figure out how to hook up the VHS tape player as I don't use it much now. After it was hooked up we did watch most of it, like the speeches and the choir singing. But with nearly 240 graduates, I decided not to watch all of them cross the stage. We watched me of course, and when one of the 'class marshals'- who was there to help us on and off the stage- faint since it was a warm day in late May. He was wearing white suit, I was wearing a black cap and gown. Odds would have been on one of the graduates fainting. Since I am attending my class reunion soon, I figured it was time to watch it again. Not sure how long ago I had watched it previously.
   I noticed a favorite shirt of mine is ready to be retired, a Chicago Wolves hockey T-shirt. They're a minor league team. It's a nice reminder of attending their games when living in suburban Chicago, they play at an arena in northwest suburban Rosemont near O'Hare Airport. There were three small holes near one of the shoulders. But I had left Illinois more than 8 years ago, so it had been well-used. Now it means finding a replacement when I have the time. I checked E-bay first when I already have an account with them. There were some shirts, but not a lot. Some of them were jerseys, and when I already have 2 hockey jerseys- both NHL teams- I question the wisdom of getting another one. If need be, I can find one on the team's website, as expected they are reasonably priced at under $20. When I have been to just 2 Wolves games since leaving Illinois, I know there is no need to wait for when I would be attending another one of their games. Not sure when this will be. Quite often I would be back in the old neighborhood during the baseball and football season and not hockey, which made it harder to get to one of their games. But of course this year I made it in January, for the historian convention.

No comments:

Post a Comment