Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Chuck Berry Song, Not Cosmetics

I picked up an outfit from the cleaners and the attendant spoke of a pet being given the name 'Maybelline'. I said it was also a Chuck Berry song, but the song is spelled differently, Maybellene. I'm seeing that it stays hung up until I attend the wedding, as it's what the outfit is for.
    Made it to the comedy club tonight, and saw many of my friends outside upon arrival. I went there right after going to the cleaners, with a short stop nearby for 'puffcorn' as I wanted to take care of my popcorn fix. I was told it was due to the warm weather as to why so many were outside. Once I went inside I liked hearing a recorded song over the loudspeakers, 'Tonight Tonight' by Smashing Pumpkins. A nice reminder of the college roommate who got me interested in their music, and of living in suburban Chicago. They do mention the town the band is from, when the lyric 'city by the lake' is reached.
   At work today there was a 'Health Ahead fair'. It didn't take long to fill up the punch card, and it included getting a health screening from a medical pro who was onsite. Didn't enjoy having my finger pricked for it, but what can you do?
   Enjoyed lunchtime as I went to the season-opening block party the St. Paul Saints were having downtown. I've been to it every year, and like getting the Softee baseball they have. Officially it's called the 'World's Largest Game of Catch'. And it led to a rare showing of my Little League glove, as it is beat up from all of the use and of course no longer fits my hand. I've grown plenty since getting it, of course.
   I got seven pictures from the event, the first being with Saints boss Mike Veeck. I didn't recognize him at first, as he did his best to blend in with the crowd by wearing jeans and had sunglasses on. Next is one of a kangaroo mascot, then Little Caesar next to the Hummer this pizza company is known for.  Plenty of music there, and Sister Roz, who gives massages, was dancing to it. Got a closeup of this year's live pig mascot, then one of the Sun-drop 'larger than life' inflated bottle next to an SUV with Sun-drop ads all over it. Finally was one of some Saints players, wearing jerseys, next to the 'Mudonna' mascot.

No comments:

Post a Comment