Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Eagan Water Park

Saw the '44 Presidents' play at a Lutheran church in Minneapolis tonight. It was put on by a community theater group known as Pro Rata. It was really well done. Much of it was familiar from studying history before. Plenty of artwork for each president available there, but some had already been sold. Others were not for sale at all. It was displayed on the support beams of the church basement, behind the seating area.
   I got most of the jokes in it, like John Quincy Adams arriving to the tune of the theme song from 'Leave it to Beaver'. It came across as a joke about him being the unqualified son of a former president. Naturally, they were unable to go in depth on the presidents as there are so many, and it was a 90-minute play so it meant about 2 minutes each. There was an intermission, and even this I caught as a joke since it was right after the first term for Grover Cleveland was covered. 'We'll be back', and so was Cleveland, since he was president number 22 and 24. A constant drum beat about Lincoln being surrounded by death, first in his own life and then as the Civil War president, captured him well, along with being assassinated. It went in a loop, about all of those close to him who died, along with mention of certain Civil War battles like Antietam.
   I also made it to the water park in Eagan with my date, but I didn't bring my undies for after I was at the park. So even as I write these words, I am not wearing any. It still seems fairly comfortable, maybe since it is so warm. I liked going on the waterslides there, though I wasn't expecting one of them to be so fast, the enclosed one. So I had to duck right away, as it likely otherwise would have hurt more than the typical thing I deal with. This would be hitting my head on ceiling fans. It was crowded there, as expected, since it was a day off from work for many.

No comments:

Post a Comment