Monday, July 16, 2012

Wearing a Norway Shirt

The comedy show ran long tonight, the show closer wanted another performer to fill in for his friend.
He said his friend had quit comedy, and I had knew him as many did in the Twin City comedy scene. Unsure as to why, all I had been told before was he had been laid off from his gig at this club. He had a tirade one night where he ripped into some of the people there like the manager and the owner. The stand-in looked nothing like him, which made it a little funnier how he was expected to be the fill-in. I did like how he gave somebody another chance in the spotlight, found out he will be doing a contest night soon.
   I really hadn't noticed how late it was running at first, but I think he was well over the allotment he gets as show closer, 10 minutes. After a while, the MC in the back said 'just tell some jokes'. The show closer did allude to it by responding that he probably wants to go home, and was likely not alone. Many crowdmembers may have felt this way as well. I liked his joke about mowing the lawn in the rain, and about raising a duck. Something about how it was eaten by a dog shortly after it was set free from the garage. I did talk to him before the show as I hadn't seen him in a while. He was holding court when I saw him, and I stepped on his feet but didn't mean to. He had a Norway shirt on, one that don't see too often. May have been an athletic shirt like a soccer uniform jersey.
   Another comic asked me to watch her purse. It was placed on the back of a chair near me while she was onstage. I liked her joke about 'bases'.

No comments:

Post a Comment