Monday, July 30, 2012

Lew Ford

I read the paper at lunchtime and was pleased that Lew Ford will be back playing major league baseball again, just not for the Twins. It will be for the Baltimore Orioles. I liked Lew when he played for the Twins, met him at a fanfest and at a proshop as well. But I also understood he was expendable when he wasn't hitting, and he eventually ended up playing in Japan. I recall sending an email to a college roommate (then in the Navy) about how I had recently seen a Twins game where Lew had done well, plenty of hits. This was 2005, I was on vacation in New York City at the time.
   When I arrived at the comedy club tonight, I was greeted by somebody who called me a 'con artist'. I said I would inquire further about it once I went inside and got signed up. This is somebody that I had called 'Red' before, due to her hair. It may well be like what another fellow comedian does, where the old saying applies: if they didn't like me they would ignore me. I think it is best to file it under that category. Somebody was being disruptive near the end of the show and was ejected, thankfully this doesn't happen too often.
   At lunchtime today, I went to mail a letter. It was my membership to the Loft in Minneapolis, where I have taken writing classes. On the way in the skyway I saw somebody stenciling a warning message 'No sitting, No loitering' every so often on beams between windows in the skyway. Didn't know this was a problem at all. I know I haven't done this, aside from one time in a different part of the skyway where I wanted to stay until the end of a song that like listening to. But eventually I was told to move on, but I did say why I was there for whatever it was worth.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment