Friday, July 27, 2012

A Contest and A Birthday

I went to the comedy club tonight to support a friend in a contest. He didn't advance, but I thought he did well enough. Those contests are competitive. I was asked to get him a beer, along with one for myself, before the show began and put it on his tab. To me it was much easier for me to pay for both, as I owed him one after causing a spill at another club earlier this year. He understood this once I explained it later on when he had the time to hear my explanation. I felt bad back then and wanted to do more about it than what I did. I noticed I was not alone on being a repeat visitor at the contest, I was sitting next to them as well next to a wall in the back. I saw another fellow comic after the show, he wasn't part of the contest but I still liked seeing him of course. I didn't know he was in town.
  Then after this show, I did a rare thing. I went to another club for a second show. Another friend was having a birthday party, same one who was competing in the contest on Wednesday. It was funny near the end where some comics decided to do impressions of others. I did discuss a few intellectual topics, though it was still in reference to jokes I had heard earlier in the week. One of them was about Condi Rice, as a possible running mate for Mitt Romney. It prompted me to look up her Wikipedia page and I found out she had dated Rick Upchurch, an NFL player for the Denver Broncos. Also met somebody who was for Obamacare, saying it helped her with mental health issues.
   While at work during lunchtime I did a walk around downtown, and noticed two couples in the park. One couple seemed comfortable, sharing a seat while both had a cigarette. The other was dealing with hair, one was tying up corn rows for the other.

No comments:

Post a Comment