Thursday, July 12, 2012

'Ticks' By Brad Paisley

I am reminded of the Brad Paisley song 'Check You For Ticks' today as I found another tick on my leg while showering this morning before going to work. I found out the official title is shorter, 'Ticks', but one still easily finds it online with what I espected the title would be, with the 4 words I mentioned. Less likely to find it with one word, unless the performer is included in the search.
   One had been found on the same leg in the past two weeks, a little lower. I don't know how they are getting there, when I wear long pants so it would be hard for any critters to get in there. But it was no big deal to take it off me, despite not having a 'tick remover' like a friend has used on me and their dog as well to see one gets all of the tick off of the body. Coincidentally, the same friend has this Brad Paisley song as the ringtone on their cell phone. But they usually pick it up before it gets to the part of the song that refers to checking for ticks. I haven't had any infections yet from the bites, so no news is good news. I will have to ask my physician about it at next month's appointment, since I had been tested for deer ticks before and was told it was due to them being common in this state. The test came up negative, but at that time I don't recall seeing any tick bites either. Though one time I was concerned about them when I saw a bug in my hair at lunchtime from work, but was told it was just a harmless beetle.
    I got a parking ticket at a Minneapolis park tonight. An extra quarter would have saved me forty dollars. Now I have to weigh my options, as it does mention changing it into a 'permit' to lower the fine. Don't know if this is applicable. Though I have found out about ways to reduce the fine paid, even if some of them mean that it goes onto one's driving record. So in many ways it looks too much like blackmail. I don't enjoy having to haggle about things, but I may well have to do so here. Either way, I don't plan on paying it right away. If I have 30 days, I will likely pay it right before the 30 days is up. I got there shortly after the meter maid did, and they were just getting started.
   At lunchtime today I was out walking downtown and saw a kid sucking his thumb, though he seemed to be too old for that. He was also brushing his hair every so often. But I said nothing about it, as maybe he likes it that way and didn't know anything different. I do my best to observe people without interacting with them if at all possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment