Thursday, July 5, 2012

What's Up Buttercup

I stayed a little later than typical tonight at work, which is common for being out of the office the next day. I want to see that things are caught up so I lower the risk of getting yelled at when I get back. Then my joke is 'I will get yelled at for using the term getting yelled at' since the supervisors say they don't yell.
    When I did leave the building, the escalator was blocked, as some kids were treating it like a toy. So I politely said 'I would like to go down now' and was told they didn't see me. I could hear them  later on repeating what I had said. It must have sounded funny to them, but I wasn't trying to be funny at all as I was tired. I've learned a long time ago to ignore things like this, no need to take the bait.
  I tried watching 2 episodes of 'Big Bang Theory' tonight but fell asleep in my easy chair. I knew the first one was about an easy chair that Penny, the neighbor, found on the street. I had seen it before, but it was worth seeing again. I liked her snappy responses to Sheldon's knocking on the door, 3 that went well together. It was: 'what's up buttercup, what's the word hummingbird, what's the gist physicist'. I finally got out of my chair after watching the start of 'Person of Interest' and took a walk around the neighborhood, including picking up trash I had found. When I got to the Superamerica I found a trash bin for it all. Also decided to keep 4 pull tabs from pop and beer cans as we've been collecting them at work for the Ronald McDonald House.
   When I got back I decided to finish the mustard container, there wasn't much left. I had to reach in with a butterknife of course. It was tasty, and I knew I needed to finish this one as I wouldn't start the other bottle until it was the only one in the refrigerator.
  I don't understand why Reggie Jackson, the Hall of Fame baseball player, was ranting so much in an interview. In his opinion, Twins star Kirby Puckett, among others, didn't belong in the Hall. It was mentioned on the late local news tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment