Sunday, July 29, 2012

Katy Perry: Part of Me

I went to see the music documentary movie 'Katy Perry: Part of Me' with my date at the Eden Prairie cinema. We had hoped to find a closer theater showing it, but it appears to be in limited release now. I looked at the weekend box office numbers, it is doing fairly well despite being limited release as it is in the top 20 and has grossed $24 million in ticket sales. It went behind the scenes for her tour, and interviewed fellow musicians (pleased that one of them was Lady Gaga) as well as her family. I liked the statement about how she had to do things her way, wanting to be the 'first Katy' instead of the 'next someone else'. Some of the sets at her concerts looked extensive and expensive, reminded me of what Lady Gaga's shows had.
  It was a little nerve-wracking trying to get to the theater on time, as there was plenty of road construction. It slowed to a crawl on one road so I decided to take an alternate route. In reality, we were late as we arrived after the scheduled start time. But there must have been plenty of previews and advertisements as we didn't miss the feature presentation at all. Upon arrival, we saw them do the final song from 'Grease', 'You're the one that I want', unsure why. I know this is an anniversary year for Paramount, the studio that did both movies, their centennial.
   In addition to finishing up chores and errand running, I did call my college roommate who lives in Pennsylvania. He spoke of how he will be back in Chicago next month to visit family and do the fantasy football draft. We are hopeful that it works on making it to a holiday celebration in South Dakota, where his sister lives, but that's still a ways off of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment