Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Black Pepper Spam Meat

I finally decided to use the black pepper Spam I bought at last year's state fair, it tasted pretty good. I like having reminders of New Orleans, so I cooked it in some Zatarain's rice. Hadn't cooked much lately, as I usually just get TV dinners. One can definitely taste the pepper in it. I bought it since they bring out the rare flavors at the state fair. I usually don't buy a 12-ounce can, however. If I want it I usually get a single serving pouch as that's all I really want and then I don't have plenty of leftover product to deal with. But in this case, it was no big deal. With rice or Tuna Helper, I have it over two days so the other serving will be for tomorrow.
   At the comedy club tonight, I liked one comic doing jokes about parades and poor imagination, along with another doing one about his lady friend being an aggressive cuddler. The show closer is well-known with the Twin City scene, back from New York, specifically Brooklyn. I had no idea he was originally from Prior Lake. I jsut knew him as friends with many of the comics here, especially the show runner. This is why he eventually became a Facebook friend. My dad would say he looks a lot like a hippie. He did do a few jokes about drugs, but they worked well.
   I fell asleep in my easy chair, when I woke up I saw 'Jimmy Kimmel Live' on TV. No surprise there, as I had been watching ABC's 'Nightline' show when I fell asleep. There was a segment about a wonder drug on 'Nightline'. The musician on Kimmel was a doing a song with catchy lyrics: 'Reach for the sky, keep your eye on the prize'. There was some mention of Matisyahu, if it was him he looks way different now. Either that or I was just too groggy to know for sure since I had just woke up and wasn't paying close attention. I found out the song is called 'Sunshine', I viewed it on Youtube. I liked his song 'King without a crown' from a few years back.

No comments:

Post a Comment