Thursday, July 26, 2012

Punch Pizza in Eden Prairie

For lunch I went out to Punch Pizza in Eden Prairie, as I was invited for another appreciation event related to the mentoring programs I do at Roosevelt High School in Minneapolis. The food was all right but I didn't know at first what to order. I like mushroom and pepperoni, there was salami and mushroom, among other things, so I ordered that one. Seemed close enough to what I know and would like. Also got a Caesar salad and something in a can that tasted like lemonade but not quite. Saw a cool classic car in the parking lot and got a picture as I was leaving, judging by the hubcaps and license plate it was a 1933 Ford, painted orange.
   I performed at the 400 Bar in Minneapolis tonight, it went well but I decided to change some jokes on the fly as I could tell some of them fell flat. I was tired by the end and decided to claim a bar stool and sat on it near the back. One comic wondered if I was being 'politically correct' by staying until the end, I saw it was they saw me so I should stay for them. I like to think of myself more as non-controversial, if anything at all.
    A song I heard while driving home was a reminder of having just moved to suburban Chicago in 1998. Found out it was 'Flagpole Sitta' by Harvey Danger. When I hear 'Been around the world and found that only stupid people are breeding' I respond by saying 'Isn't that the truth'. Found some controversy when I confirmed the song title and performer on Youtube, as well as researching lyrics. For some reason in both cases there was mention of 'Paranoia' by Green Day. Though the comments did say it wasn't a Green Day song. In other cases, it was a Green Day song, but it was another title, 'Basket Case'. This proves what I've said many times before: no requirement for accuracy on the internet. One would think that inaccurate things, like saying it was a Green Day song when it clearly isn't, would be taken down promptly. Don't know much about how the site polices itself, but I think I have heard of times where videos were taken down for various reasons.

No comments:

Post a Comment