Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Waiting Room With TV Screen

I had an appointment with my primary physician earlier today, and don't recall seeing a TV screen before at the reception desk in my previous visits. The monitor was always tuned to the weather, but different networks broadcasting it and not the Weather Channel. I don't think much about the weather during my workday since I'm staying inside most of the time. The main exceptions would be an appointment like this one, or deciding to take a walk during lunchtime. I am thankful I didn't get soaked on the way there as I had no coat with me. It was light rain, and I was able to duck under the overhang on some tall buildings for most of the walk over to my car. I will have another appointment next month.
    At the comedy club tonight, I lost count of how many times I nearly fell asleep during the show as I was tired. It was why at one point I decided to step out and go to the bathroom and stretch my legs. The club owner did speak to me after the show, asking me if I enjoyed it, which I did. There was mention at the end of the show by the MC of next week's event: the World Series of Comedy. It's hard to say how many nights I will attend, but I saw the lineup and saw two of my friends will be in the contest, on different nights. I will want to support them. I was in the club's contest last summer, this one is being held at other clubs across the nation and apparently the winner will get to perform in Las Vegas. I don't know all of the comics listed, but a decent number of them.  

No comments:

Post a Comment