Sunday, July 22, 2012

New Entry to Fitness Center

I had to find another way to get into my company's fitness center as the Macy's store in downtown St. Paul is now closed on sundays. So I went through the parking ramp for a little while before finding an elevator, then a security guard. He told me to go through the Wells Fargo building, which will connect me with the skyway. This happened to be on the same side of the street as the Macy's, and adjacent, so it was just a slight detour for me.
     I had just under 5 minutes on an exercise machine before having to go back to the locker room as it was nearing 5pm when I arrived, which is closing time. A man was already in the shower when I got there, we spoke briefly when I was about to enter the shower. He said the center should have longer hours on the weekends. What I've learned is one must make the most of the hours of operation given, no matter what the establishment is. If somebody wants to get there bad enough, they will find the way.
   After the fitness center, it was doing laundry, and one dryer wasn't running hot so I decided to combine loads midway through. I checked after getting an Oscar Mayer Lunchables meal at a grocery store nearby. I got most of friday's Minneapolis paper read while I was there, as expected. Then it was home to get laundry put away, but not in time to watch 'The Simpsons'. Then I still needed to do the dishes, take out trash and recycle, and get groceries. Once again, you do what you can with the time given. I would have liked more of a rest break of course. But it's a good idea to have clean dishes and clothes. So I see these are done regularly.

No comments:

Post a Comment