Wednesday, July 25, 2012

World Series of Comedy

I went to the World Series of Comedy tonight, as I wanted to support some of my friends who were competing. One of the local comics did advance, out of the three who advanced tonight. But I didn't know too well the local comic who advanced.
  I plan on returning on Friday to see another friend in the same contest. Already made a reservation at the end of the show as there was mention by the MC how there was a discount for advance reservation.
   One of those competing tonight was visiting from California, funny that this friend called me 'little buddy' when I said I'm not that little. But I still like it. She had some family in the crowd, I referred to them as the 'entourage'. This venue is the typical or customary one for where I go for comedy on this day of the week. But it was packed, unlike on an open-mic night, so I ended up sitting next to three other comics near the back wall. One of course must site where the club owner assigns you, and it made sense to keep us comics together especially when we brought all no guests apparently. The owner asked about my date, I said my date usually isn't with me at the comedy club.
   A friend asked me what 'Flandering' meant as it is from 'The Simpsons'. Something about it being used in a conversation overheard in an elevator at work. I had to look it up online at the Urban Dictionary. Most of the definitions there referred to the Ned Flanders character on the show, as the term is inspired by his mannerisms like confusing the listener in a conversation. One term I use every so often, 'Economic Darwinism', is there, which doesn't surprise me much.

No comments:

Post a Comment