Friday, July 20, 2012

Blue Goo Frozen Yogurt

I had some 'blue goo' frozen yogurt in a cone at lunchtime earlier today. I've always enjoyed twist cones at McDonald's as I like the mixing of the flavors. But I had to eat it quick since it was melting. I stayed a few minutes later to finish up my work, but one colleague was still there after me. I was busier than typical this afternoon as I had to cover for somebody who was out at midday. It made the day go more quickly, but those who think Fridays are easy don't realize it's a popular day to take off.
   I am still looking at Charlie Brown and Snoopy statue leads online, though many of them we've already found. As expected, with the St. Paul series it looks like some of them made their way to the Charles Schulz Museum in Santa Rosa, California. I knew two of them did, a Charlie and Linus, in the garden. Saw them in my 2004 visit. But according to some pictures I saw on various sites, some others did, at least one from each year of the 5-year series. These can be in gift shops, near the research center, or inside the ice rink, known as 'Snoopy's home ice'. So I see myself making a return visit somebody, unsure when. I'm still surprised how we've found well over 100 and haven't run out of ideas yet. But then again, much of our research has been done online, and there is likely a wealth of information still to be discovered. I've lucked out just with the keywords I've been using on searches, in hopes of sponsors keeping them. Either that or news feeds that mentions 'where are they now?' if bought at auctions or donated to schools or hospitals or camps. I am doing my best with clues in the pictures, or narrowing it down by neighborhood so then it's easier to try and scout it out myself.
   I drove to the ATM tonight and then over to the Little Caesar's for my once a month visit for pizza. Had to wait a few minutes for pepperoni, no big deal. Well worth it when it's cheap, a large still for just five dollars.
    I accepted an invite to be part of a comedy show next month, and now I'm wondering what I will do with my stagetime. There was mention of sketches, haven't done much script writing yet. But the first idea that comes to mind is doing one about the search for these statues, as there have been some good stories from it all. Like how we're still at it after more than a year.

No comments:

Post a Comment